LIVEWELL have been providing high level therapies from massage through to physiotherapy to clients and companies across the UK and abroad. Working within these areas and for elite athletes across the world it is important to have a robust health & safety policy in place.
Health & Safety Considerations for Individuals
- Health at the time of treatment – We will go through a thorough Medical Assessment with questioning to understand all medical information relevant for treatment to confirm they are eligible for it. We will also discuss issues around pressure, any mental related concerns and how and where they would like the treatment to take place.
- Jewelry and other objects that may need to be removed during treatment. Some of which may be religious in nature etc.
- Will the area be suitable for them and is there easy access in and out of the venue.
- Ventilation for the individual should they have any issues around Asthma or if they were to get lightheaded or potentially faint in the treatment.
Health & Safety Considerations for Companies / Events
- Access in and out of the area of work
- Adequate ventilation and light for both the therapists and clients
- Potential Fire Risks
- Fire Evacuation Protocols and exit points
- Trip Hazards
Further to the points above we maintain a general health & safety policy that covers our therapists and their equipment. This is outlined below:
- Condition of equipment
- Cleanliness of Equipment
- Health of the therapist (are they free of cold, covid etc and fit and able to work)
- Qualification of the therapist (Do they hold the most appropriate qualification for the event)
- Insurance of the therapist (Do they have an up-to-date policy that covers them adequately)
Within each event, we understand things will differ and we will need to be flexible in our approach. This is why we work with all companies / venues and use where possible their own on site risk assessment and combine this with our own to make sure we adequately cover all eventualities.
Health and Safety Policy Statement
Statement of intent:
- To ensure the venue / environment is set up and ready for the treatment of clients.
- To make sure all of the staff attending hold the most appropriate qualifications.
- To make sure all staff attending have all the right insurance in place.
- To make sure all staff are fit and well to attend the event and to be hands on with clients.
- To make sure at least one member of staff is first aid trained.
- To ensure all equipment is in sound working condition and sanitized.
- To ensure all staff are aware of their duties and responsibilities on the day and have all relevant information and contact information for the period they are on site.
- To ensure event organisers have all relevant information on the therapists attending, timing and contact info for management if any problems arise.
- To ensure and maintain safe and healthy working conditions.