Pregnancy brings many changes to a mother’s body such as putting pressure on joints, ligaments and organs, often causing discomfort and pain which is where Pregnancy Massage can help. Massage can help alleviate aches and pains, also help reduce stress levels due to its calming effect. Massage also shows that the baby can benefit, as ‘feel good’ endorphins are released by the mother during the massage and passed onto the baby.
What is Pregnancy Massage?
Pregnancy Massage can have enormous benefits for both mother and unborn baby. Massage emotionally and physiologically supports a woman during a time when her body is undergoing many changes and can help prepare her body for birth.
Receiving regular massages whilst pregnant can make the mother more aware of her own body. This also enables the ability to relax during 1st stage of labour often resulting in shorter and easier births, less pain and lower rate of postnatal complications.
Getting permission from the midwife and/ or GP will need to be gained before the massage.
Benefits of Pregnancy Massage
- Stimulation of circulation- distribute essential nutrients and fluid to all vital organs of the body
- Lymphatic drainage eliminates toxins from the cells and blood and help reduce oedema
- Sluggish bowel movement is aided, helping avoid constipation and haemorrhoids
- Release muscular tension in upper back, shoulders, lower back and hips, easing discomfort of sciatica and Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction, often caused by postural changes and hormone release.
- Releases compression on nerves
- Helps to avoid varicose veins from developing
- Massaging the intercostals and pectoral muscles will help with respiratory system
- Induces deep relaxation and peaceful sleep
- Helps reduce emotional stress and anxiety
- Helps to lower or keep high blood pressure balanced
- Massage encourages the release of pain reducing hormones providing vital relief from pain during labour and birth.
- Massage will enhance your client’s relationship with her body
- A stress- free environment is created
- Providing vital monitoring support
MAKE A BOOKING
For further information or to book a Pregnancy Massage please contact our team on 0330 043 2501 or via email on email@example.com.
Why use LiveWell
Our Qualified and fully insured staff also offer a truly unique service, as they are all fully MOBILE with the option of accommodating people at clinic locations too giving a totally flexible service. Within our mobile service it means you don’t have to drive miles to find us, and with our head office and main area of operation based in the Midlands our team can get to you no matter the location.
As we do a lot of work with many leading organisations such as the NHS, Private Healthcare and various groups associated with Pregnancy you can be sure you are in safe hands.
For further information or to book a Pregnancy Massage please contact our team on 0330 043 2501 or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org alternatively you can visit our contact page.